Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Beauty of Scars

Your scars are like the stars

they shine so brightly

To others

they may be unsightly

In honesty

your scars invite me

like a skin

I would hold you tightly

I saw the story unfold on your skin

I knew

you were all I needed in this life of sin

Long sleeves couldn't hide your cuts

and i'm so used to being shot

I spilt my guts

Our faces were proud

we stood tall

the face is the mask that hides it all

I'll quit that face a thousand times

to follow tracks that lead me to a beautiful mind

Was it a drunken accident or did people hurt you?

the beauty of what you repress

It shines right through you

even though you try to hide it

shaped by what you despise

You will deny it

restricted by your defence mechanisms

Couldn't break those mental chains with an exorcism

I only broke through because I'm scarred like you

I knew exactly what you were going through

When you told me what they'd done to your skin

it was like a volcano had erupted within

I would deny them hands

They blemish the only thing that holds you like I can

I turn anger to passion hoping love will heal you

For you to know they touched you

but they could never feel you

The way that I do

They way you know, I love you so

because I'm fucked up too


I'll hold your hand when you can't hold mine

whenever you succeed to hide that shine



I'll love you even though your love is pain

coz you saw my scars and didn't walk away

you knew hiding made me feel ashamed

but that's a different story for a different day



We both got hurt growing up in the dirt

and bad memories of wearing a skirt

in your scars

I see the sum of your fears

your story, the very reason

you are fierce!



I see the lies behind that smile

I see the blood of emotional scars

bleed out of your eyes

In your eyes I see your song

the more I explored your scars

The more they shone



as we lay here battlescarred

my scars are why I loved you

from the start

My actions invited you

to a mind that could really excite you



coz



My scars are like the stars

they shine, they shine

a shine to which others are blind

I love my scars because they define me

and I had to see your scars

because they

shined so brightly...

No comments:

Post a Comment